Vikas completed his Bachelor’s and Doctoral degrees in Physics at the State University of New York at Buffalo. His doctoral thesis focused on developing high-resolution 3D rotational micro-angiographic systems, which can be easily implemented on clinical C-arm systems. Vikas joined Global Physics Solutions in Columbus, OH as a Diagnostic Medical Physicist in June, 2009, where he gained extensive clinical experience in performing Physics surveys on CT, Radiographic, Fluoroscopic, Mammographic imaging systems, etc. He also served as a certified radiation expert at various hospitals located in Ohio. Vikas obtained his FDA approval under MQSA regulations in October of 2009, and has been performing annual mammography physics surveys and equipment evaluations ever since. He has helped various imaging centers and hospitals successfully accredited by the ACR for mammographic and CT imaging systems.
Vikas joined Upstate Medical Physics in January, 2011. He became certified in Diagnostic Medical Physics by the American Board of Radiology in May, 2012. He has been actively involved in Clinical Dose Optimization Team at various hospitals assisting them in managing radiation dose and image quality effectively. In addition to routine clinical Medical Physics work, Vikas also worked on various research and development projects with major medical imaging equipment/software manufacturers such as Fuji Medical Systems, Carestream Health, Volpara Solutions, Xoran Technologies etc. He has also assisted in development of QC manuals for AccuBoost image guided breast irradiation system and Giotto mammography system. Vikas serves as a committee member and a mentor in UMP’s CAMPEP approved Diagnostic Medical Physics Residency Program.
Vikas is originally from Surat, India. He lived in Buffalo, NY since 2000.
Vikas took a position in New York City in 2019.
• Ph.D. Physics, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
• B.S. Physics, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
Certifications, Licenses, and Professional Organizations
• MQSA qualified mammography physicist
• Certified Medical Physicist: NY, OH, PA, DE
• Member: AAPM
• Member: AAPM Task Group 251 – Survey of Pediatric Fluoroscopic Exposure Rates
• Member: AAPM Pediatric Imaging Subcommittee
• Member: Liaison to ARRT Fluoroscopy Exam Committee – AAPM Medical Physics Education of Allied Health Professionals
• Member: AAPM Task Group 225 – MPPG #1 – CT Protocol Management and Review
• Secretary/Treasurer – Upstate New York Association of Physicist in Medicine