Nuclear medicine and PET departments are required by their radioactive material license to commit to a substantial list of activities, including camera quality control, survey meter calibrations, proper radioactive material handling, and many more. UMP has performed hundreds of on-site assessments to help clients ensure all regulatory commitments are being met. Our assessors have direct experience as Nuclear Medicine Technologists and state inspectors.
Besides assessments, specific Nuclear Medicine/PET services provided by UMP include:
- Dose calibrator testing (accuracy, linearity, constancy, geometry)
- Calculations for spilled gas clearance times and worker dose from gases and aerosols
- Well counter Chi square, efficiency and MDA calculations
- Radiation safety training
- Acceptance testing
- Physicists reports for ACR accreditation
- Radiation Safety Committee
- Personnel Dosimetry Analysis
- Procedures and Manuals
How often should Nuclear Medicine/PET Compliance Assessments be done?
Some clients prefer annual or semi-annual compliance assessments, but most are on a quarterly schedule, which can provide direct input for quarterly Radiation Safety Committee meetings.